Muselet: Bits of Rob, Bits of Birthdays

3 Mar

Hello dear ones! Happy Thursday! I had fully intended on writing a full-fledged Musings for today, but I couldn’t properly gather the thoughts that I wanted to do so, but know that I have enough material for a full MOO to post on or around this weekend…including a new Featured Rebel. So today’s Muselet will feature a couple of odds and ends and announcements, perhaps a fleeting thought or two on the recent Vanity Fair madness, and the surge of Water For Elephant promotions. *Excuse me while I…THUD*

Hyperventilating aside, we need to kick-off Birthday Season..

Today, for instance, is my talented hubs’ birthday. And because he has tolerated my impulsiveness and loquaciousness with grace and (most times) patience…

And contributed his stunning personal photography to support my dabbling into small-business owning and to Musings even if he didn’t quite understand…and also so that @Buff could work her magic….so much love and gratitude for my IndoGuy…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, N!

And, because March is an awesome month and PISCES are soul mates of mine, my beloved soul sister and Team Other Co-Captain Cynically Convy, creator and author of the brilliant and fast-becoming legendary KStew Is Better Than You has a birthday as well! Tomorrow, March 4 !! If you aren’t reading CC’s outrageously funny and intelligent posts championing our Other Queen Kristen, or in CC’s words, HER ROYAL HOTNESS , then I don’t know how you’ve made it through your boring days thus far, and frankly, I’m not quite sure how we’re friends. A lot of MOO’s readers are concurrent KSIBTU readers as well. Hell, I think most of you, who didn’t already know me through my Cyber Sisters & Readers, found me because of CC’s support and promotion of Musings. Basically, Musings would NOT exist in its current incarnation if it weren’t for CC. Please go give my sister some love and send some birthday wishes. She’s been under the weather this week, and your greetings will only brighten her day and boost her immune system (and I know a little something about poor immune systems *cough* Typhoid *cough*).

CC, I love you and adore you madly. Each week I find myself bowing down to your genius, yearning for a tenth of your wit and maybe an ounce or two of your coloring skilllllz. This exclusive Moo Artwork was completed while I was at a pizza parlor. Snow White is very significant, yes??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CC!

Other birthdays approaching? Well, The Queen herself, our regal Ambassador of Other, Kristen Stewart, celebrates her twenty-first birthday next month, on April ninth, and Mr Robert Pattinson celebrates the start of his twenty-fifth year in May. Celebrations ahead, my friends. My husband’s and my dear friend CC’s are just the beginning. If you want to send your wishes to Kristen for her birthday next month, I suggest contributing your thoughts and love to TEAM KRISTEN SITE’S BIRTHDAY PROJECT!

Well, so what other topics did I hope to mention today? Well, there is always this insanity:

Like it or not, you know the man has mad charisma when he can pull off the ‘come hither’ look with a big lizard around his neck. Um, I’m not even looking at his neck. Just sayin. The legendary Annie Leibovitz photographed this shoot which accompanies an interview that depicted a more somber and somewhat overwhelmed-sounding Rob. I do not care for and am growing MORE irritated with the interviewer of this article with every new agenda-driven TV interview she gives. However, some of Rob’s answers hint at the long-term effects of isolation and overzealous “fans” including difficulty concentrating and writing, exhaustion and a penchant for taking solace in salty-sweet snacks such as chocolate-covered pretzels. (Don’t judge. Those things are BOMB and offer sweet, sweet relief). He calls out his stalkers, the window-bangers and riot-starters and even encouraged his lawyers to sue the girls who hacked into his email accounts. But, with his wistfulness for quiet and anonymity comes also his steadfast admiration for his colleague and partner in crime, Kristen Stewart, saying,

“I think she’s really good. There are very few girls in her class that are as good as she is.”

I need to re-read the article another few times before I can shove away the melancholy cloud that fell over me when I first read. And I am annoyed by the motivation the VF reporter seemed to carry while interviewing Mr Pattinson. To me, she projected a vibe that I can’t shake that indicates non-support of either Rob or Kristen. But the pictures sans Pilgrim Hat but added musical instruments and cigarettes…well, they’re quite lovely.

Maybe I’ll talk more about this article in the full-fledged Musings I hope to write this weekend, we’ll see. I did definitely have some reactions, though. But this morning’s on-air phone interview between Rob and Ryan Seacrest provided a jovial, charming and laughing Flippy that far succeeds any printed article or biased journalist’s interpretation. It was nice to hear his laughter and lightness again. And I tell ya, I’m gonna LOVE the Water for Elephants press circuit.

Soooo, I’ll wrap up today’s Muselet for now by letting you know that Part 2 of the MOO Mish is underway. I’ve sent over greetings and samples of Musings but also my personal Sacred Contract directly to our Other Queen Kristen and her closest people including the Goddess Ruth and Kristen’s personal assistant and security blanket John. I let them know that when Kristen is  ready to implement her own Life’s Work and Fair Philanthropy, that I am on board and have the means and capacity to assist her in her vision.

In the meantime, I’m here, rambling, and supporting and encouraging all of us Others to continue to pursue Bliss and embrace Otherness. You all continue to astound me with your bravery and willingness to be candid and honest. Some of the emails and comments I’ve received re: your Firsts have been heartbreaking and also so inspiring. KEEP GOING!!!  Thanks for visiting the Sentence Completion portion of the About KJ page and revisiting some of your Firsts, the good, bad and brilliant…Thanks also for checking out the Resources for Beauty page as well. There is much to add still. Always. I’ll see you in a couple days, my Lovelies. xo, KJ

11 Responses to “Muselet: Bits of Rob, Bits of Birthdays”

1. robertpattinsonofficial March 22, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

cool site

2. Aai March 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm #

Possum! Happy belated B’day to N baby – hope he had a great day.
    catch you elsewhere sweetie, mwah!

3. nail March 4, 2011 at 8:13 am #

chocolate covered pretzels……the perfect snack…….it’s the PISCES of the snack world……it satisfies both needs……

4. awebb March 4, 2011 at 8:09 am #

Bravo KJ! Happy birthday N and CC! Loved the pic of Snow White too!! 😉 xoxo

5. DeeDreamer March 4, 2011 at 6:34 am #

I’m so happy that you’ve sent things to Kristen, John & Ruth! That makes my heart so big and puffy. ❤ I'm amazed at your tenacity and bravery, and am honored to be a MOO fan and supporter!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, KJ…I, too, was feeling pretty confused and conflicted after reading the VF article the other day. And then my confusion escalated to flat-out annoyance and anger over the author's self-serving interviews and commentary on the nightly gossip shows. *shaking head* But after the Seacrest interview yesterday morning, I finally feel all is right in the world once again. Not to mention the absolute joy and pride in last night's Twitter trending of Francis Lawrence, WFE, and even KStew! Chris Weitz joining Twitter and showing his love & support for his leads warmed my heart, and of course the new WFE trailer left me absolutely speechless. Stunning! Yes…all is now right in the world. 😉 xo ~DD

6. Ladybug March 3, 2011 at 11:20 pm #

Happy belated birthday to N!

Can’t comment properly since I’m on the train and barely awake, but this was lovely as always! I’m so glad to have found you through CC.

7. Some old guy (aka MattB) March 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

Happy Birthday,N!

I love that last pic. Talking about “Owning it”. I also am “all in” on Kristen’s charitable inclinations. Let me know how I can help.

Love you, Matt

8. true love March 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

Happy Bday to N and CC..!!!!

Great one again K..

great picture of Rob in that piano..
    Imrg.. you got that right on VF; strike 2
    sad ppl in this world but anyways thx KJ for again amazing musings..luv u..God bless..;0)

true love

9. MyCleverAlias March 3, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

1. What are you playing at, putting WFE Rob, Rob-At-Piano and Dancing MaryLou Stew in one post? Are you for serious trying to kill us all? 😉

2.) HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, CC!!! May the plague lift in time for you to have a reasonably good day. (FULL of crayons, it would appear, and as God intended it.)

3.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO N! Again. Because as an obnoxiously avid photog myself, I am blown away by the beauty of his work. Not jealous. Just inspired.

4.) I’m stoked for the next Featured Rebel. I want an excuse to assemble these Royal Rebels and Other Queens. Just get them in one place, maybe have a few roundtable discussions about film and music and life, snap some informal (pap-free) photos … can you imagine?

5.) Thanks for the little taste to tide us over ’til the next Musings. Always a treat!

*hugs*

10. Mel452 March 3, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Happy Birthday to N!! May he be celebrating it in style with his very own Queen. 🙂

…and happy birthday to CC for the 4th. Side note, it is the 4th in Oz, so happy birthday!! 🙂

With VF, and with any interview in print, there’s always a fine line with how it “reads” to everyone because of the clever little angles they spin to create a story. Nothing like hearing the words from their cute little mouths. 🙂

Short or long, I always look forward to your musings darl. ❤

11. lmrg1122 March 3, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

Happy Birthday to N!!!
    Great Musing once again.
    I agree with you that VF interviewer left a sour taste in my mouth.
    It is more than obvious that she didn’t get the answer she hoped for and spun it to fit her agenda.
    For me that is strike 2 against VF.
    Loved the pics as usual especially the piano one, Rob is so in his element. LOVE IT!!!!

I am grateful though that R/K at least have each other to get them through this madness.