Happy 1st Birthday to MOO!

3 Jun

Hello my Royal Rebels! It’s CC here.

Guess what?

Today is MOOs first birthday!

simply moo-velous.

As someone who writes her thoughts down on the internet on a somewhat regular basis, I can entirely understand what an accomplishment this feels like for KJ. While she’s off saving the world (read: in Joplin fighting the good fight), Buff, Bouffant and I have a few words we would like to say in celebration of this momentous (because it is) occasion.

I’m going to go first because we’re doing reverse alphabetical order because IRL my last name is always first.

On April 20, 2010, I received an email from KJ, congratulating me on the completion of my thesis. She ended the email with this:

“Thank you for sharing a piece of your genius with others so we can rediscover the dormant flames within ourselves.”

From the beginning, KJ was thinking. She was seeking. She was talking to me about ‘following bliss’, and after countless exchanged emails… this baby (calf) was born.  I pre-read the first article before it was published, and afterwards I sent KJ an email that said:

“I thought it was brilliant. Flawless. I want you to publish it NOW. “

She responded:

“oh jesus, really?! I was just about to hit DELETE and scrap the whole thing. I thought it leaned towards self-indulgent at times.”

Silly girl had no idea what profound ideas she was putting down from day one. Immediately after this blog got off the ground, it stood on it’s own two feet, got some wings and flew away to the Land of Perfection.

Week after week KJ writes not only about Stew, but also about another royal rebel. I personally love the articles on Judy Garland and Kate Winslet, but I love everything she writes because they pertain to Ms. Stewart. Thank you, KJ, for being the type of fan we all strive to be, and for writing words that are nothing short of inspirational.

So here we are a year later, and my oh my time has flown. I love MOO. I love KJ. I’ve had the very distinct honor of meeting KJ several times, and listen to me when I tell you that she is EXACTLY the same person in real life that she is on the internet. She speaks the way she types. She loves you even harder in person. She emits an aura of generosity, happiness, euphoria and understanding. SHE. REALLY. IS. THAT. COOL. IN. PERSON. And she wears lovely, flowy dresses, and she has luscious, plump lips.

KJ? Congratulations. Thank you for pouring your blood, sweat and tears into MOO. You make a difference. You inspire. You create. You encourage. You set a bar and you practice what you preach. In short, you are everything I am not and everything I will never be. But that’s okay. Because you’re KJ. The best. The only. You are THE Queen Other.

Take it away, Buff!

Thanks CC! 🙂 When I think of MOO I think in terms of sunny days, tiaras, music, chucks, and bubbles. Mainly because those are the types of images I’ve dealt with when making banners, etc. So when I sat down to write my blurb on why I’ve loved this blog my head was filled with those images. And you know what? How awesome is that? Sunny days, tiaras, music, chucks, and bubbles, in my opinion, are some of the best things in this world.

in mah head.

Musings On Other had already been birthed from KJ’s magnificent brain before I was ever any part of it and I was thrilled when she asked me to help. A year later, I continue to be honored to be at least a small part. This blog is something I believe to be set a part from anything else that I’ve come across. KJ’s writing is smart, witty, sympathetic, and touching. She always has a way of relating things that makes me go “huh… yeah …wow, that is totally true!”

I adore the way she breaks things down, relating Kristen to not only us ‘others’, but other prominent people as well. I have learned more about some of my favorite musicians and actors than I ever knew before, and always find it so interesting to learn just how much they stand out from their own respective crowds. It’s taught me a lot about myself and the types of people I am drawn to.

I’ll conclude my gushing (sorry this read like a bad book review, I am not as elegant as Ms. KJ.) with something to our true Royal Rebel Queen, KJ. *bows reverently*

Dearest KJ,

Your passion is catching. Even though I have never had the privilege to meet you in person, I can feel it in your writing. It oozes from everything you do. Be it an email that makes me tear up from your sincerity and overwhelming support, or your weekly musings that make us all stop and think.

I appreciate you and what you do more than I can express. Putting yourself out there, sharing your thoughts and opinions is endlessly amazing and brave. Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing what you do. This is an accomplishment that you should be so very proud of. I’ve told you before – you are destined to do great things. I’m elated to know you and call you friend.

this.

Much love and squeezie hugs,

Buff

Go Bouffant, go! *hands off baton*

I’ve had a ringside seat to MOO from its inception.  I listened as KJ examined her interest in Kristen, to uncover what it was about Kristen that drew her.  She wrote to me:

“There was a great article on Kristen addressing that position she was in: Indie darling juggling the effects of starring in a huge franchise…No one so young has done it before, I don’t think, not with such grace and dignity anyway.”

Agreed.  Then the inspiration for MOO hit:

“My focus will be on Kristen’s resilience and abilities to prevail in setting a new standard and model for beauty for women [people]of all ages.”

Clearly, this was not to be your typical fan blog.  Kristen is her muse, but KJ endeavors to celebrate the Other in all of us:

“my blog will be about defining beauty across cultures, accepting of self-image, the embrace of “OTHER”: that spark that sets as aside from all else, what can alienate us as well as draw attention to us.”

Not the sole I’m talking ’bout

I dig it… close but no cigar

As CC said… profound ideas.  KJ connected with Kristen’s authenticity, her grace in the face of incredible pressures,  her self-acceptance (BTW, Kristen? THAT is inner beauty) and has spent the past year hooking us up.  KJ knows Other resides within all of us.  She illustrates it by highlighting Other well-known artists and by inviting us to share our MOO musings (pssst, CC… Judy Garland? All moi, bebe!).

K, you represent Other to me in that you’re a true free spirit.  When you’re moved by inspiration, you follows its lead.  A year ago, you were moved by your admiration of Kristen Stewart to start this blog.  Today you’re in a convention center in Joplin, Missouri, counseling people who have lost homes, possessions and loved ones in last week’s tornado.

Taken by KJ - Joplin, MO  6/2/11

“Gather out of stardust,
earth-dust,cloud-dust, storm-dust,
and splinters of hail,
One handful of dream-dust not for sale.”
— Langston Hughes

I watch you use your gifts of insight and healing to uplift everyone you touch.  And I remain in awe of you.  Can’t wait to find out where you’ll be – literally and figuratively – on MOO’s second birthday.  xoxo, Bouffant

So there you have it. Nothing but love for MOO and KJ. I thought it would apt to end this post with the same thanks KJ once passed on to me because it applies infinitely more to her…

Congrats on a whole year!!

[CC Note: Please help lift KJ’s spirits and celebrate this incredible achievement/first birthday of MOO by leaving our Queen Other some love. Any posts stick out in your memory? Any favorite featured Royal Rebel? Here’s your chance to return the favor after all that KJ has done for us ❤

Happy Birthday, MOO! And thank you, readers. I know how much you mean to KJ. She loves you with all of her heart and soul. Today is your day.]

[Buff Note: Bouffant went above and beyond and picked out some music for this post.  I was able to get one on project playlist —-> (the first song on the player to the ri-zight) The two others weren’t available.  So, for your listening pleasure, I present youtube links. Yay!

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y M O O!!]

20 Responses to “Happy 1st Birthday to MOO!”

1. Musical_jo June 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

MOO is the gentle heart of Kristen’s fandom
    Happy birthday and may we have the honor and grace to have many more years of inspirational words to celebrate the beautiful uniqueness that is Kristen

KJ thanks for existing and sharing your words and wisdom with us.

2. MattB June 5, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

KJ, I can’t add much in the way of eloquence or commendation to what these lovely women have said before me, but I can affirm that you are a unique and beautiful human being. What you have done in MOO in using Kristen’s wonderful persona as instructional material in how to live one’s life and what you personally are doing now to embody these life lessons in service to others are amazing.

You are amazing. You have touched and affected my life. I am but one of many. I hope all this appreciation being showered on you gives you strength in your current endeavors. It must be extremely difficult to listen to the stories and fears of the people who have been so tragically affected by these storms. But we all know how lucky they are to have you be the one listening to and comforting them.

CC, Buff & Bouffant, you did great job in celebrating MOO’s anniversary and KJ’s spirit. Here’s to many more such celebrations.

3. april June 4, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

Happy Birthday MOO! Congrats KJ! You are truly an inspiration!
    God Bless!

4. Bellsy-Bai June 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

Happy Birthday to MOO!!
    Happy Birthday to MOO!!
    Happy Birthday, Dear MOO!!
    Happy Birthday to MOO!!

KJ….I luff you hard!! Thank you for helping me to learn to recognize my “otherness” and to embrace it. I have been honored to ride along on this journey with you for the last year as you celebrate our ROYAL REBEL and all of the wonderful “Others” that you have helped us honor!! *giggles, winks and clicks glass to yours while running to fly “something” up my neighbor’s flagpole in your honor* Hint….it’s hot pink!!

5. Nhess_V June 4, 2011 at 8:03 am #

I, along with the Others everywhere is celebrating with you, KJ! 🙂

Your MOO has been one of those who embrace Kristen, all of her.

Your MOO ignites the Other in me through your words, your kindness, your personal experience, your gift and above all, your genuine self.

Your MOO, made me discover that you & I both are October babies!

Your MOO, made me have one of Kathryn Le Grice’s painting which is truly a beautiful art to be treasured.

Your MOO has had me a personal story to share that involves YOU.
    Yes. It was 11th of November last year, along with the painting came a beautifully written card meant as a post birthday greeting from you to me. Those words that you’ve written personally are one of those that I truly felt because your words have this sincerity in them.

To end, I’d be quoting a sentence in one of KJ’s many beautifully written posts:

“Again, for every obstacle or challenge thrown out there, a positive, encouraging counterbalancing force will also emerge.”

I love that one. So. Much.

Again, Happy 1st Birthday to MOO! ❤

6. EACNM June 4, 2011 at 7:26 am #

Wow ladies what a post! Well done and thank you!
    Inspirational; if I had to pick one word to describe you, KJ that would be it! Hands down! For the last year you have inspired: empowerment, a much better sense of self confidence, and otherness. Just to list a few! I have a much clearer sense of direction today than I did a year ago! MOO definitely played a role in that! As Buff stated: “KJ’s writing is smart, witty, sympathetic, and touching. She always has a way of relating things that makes me go “huh… yeah …wow, that is totally true!”” ITA! I can’t wait to see what the next 364 days bring! 😉

7. nail June 4, 2011 at 7:07 am #

i can’t believe it has been a year……..you know how i am about time….and wanting to freeze moments…..i’ll freeze this one for just awhile…………..
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO!

8. Indiapale June 3, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

Happy Birthday MOO. I love this column KJ!!

9. Puss June 3, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

Happy Birthday, MOO. I love you my sweet sister.
    To the beautiful ladies who created this post, I thank you. You are all wonderful and bring so much to my sister’s life. I know this post finds her well, but no doubt in need of such a powerful long distance hug. I hope to meet you all one day so I can give you a hug in return.

10. meow June 3, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

KJ – congrats on MOO’s first birthday!

I can’t say it any better than what’s already
    been said in the previous comments here.
    Sooo….let me just say thanks for being such an
    inspiration to me. I marvel at your courage,
    endearing energy and wisdom.

Thank you for making our world a better place –
    by helping the tornado victims regain their lives,
    by the inspiration you give to us through MOO, and
    mostly just by being you.

To borrow a phrase from my daughter, YOU ROCK! 🙂
    XXOO

11. lmrg1122 June 3, 2011 at 4:24 pm #

Sweet KJ,

Congrats on MOO’s 1st Birthday!!! I can’t believe it’s been a year already wow. Your words always inspire me and getting to really know you this past year has been a gift I will always treasure. You are an amazing women and friend ILYSM!!!

Here is to many more years of wonderful, inspiring posts.

LY bb always

Lisa xoxo

12. Mari aka PR aka Pai June 3, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

What a perfect homage for our lovely KJ, on her baby’s 1st Birthday. Happy birthday MOO and thank you K for inspiring me with not only your posts but the way you live your life, you are a giving beautiful human being, whatever the need is you are there present for those who you love and right now at this moment for those who don’t know they need you but you sure do, you are an angel sent from above to those people, a breath of fresh air, and like you said probably the youngest volunteer in the program. My hats off to you my friend. Luv u

13. Emma June 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm #

Congrats to MOO and to KJ and all of you who help. So proud of kj and her mission. All ready to watch Kristen on Sunday.

• Emma June 3, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

Forgot to add- great post CC!Thanks

14. beans June 3, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

What a wonderful tribute to our Dear KJ, thank you ladies.

KJ, you are an angel and I adore you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, wisdom and heart with us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO!!!

15. LCMom June 3, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

GREAT JOB LADIES! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO! Thanks so much for the wonderful posts! XO!!!

16. MyCleverAlias June 3, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

I am working off of DAYS of no sleep, so forgive any incoherency, but … HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOO AND ONE OF THE BEST WOMEN I KNOW!

Ladies, your tributes were beautiful and spot-on. So, so well done. I want to live in Buff’s collage, too.

KJ, seriously … it’s hard to find the words to say how much YOUR words have inspired me. You’re so open about your own life and your own joys/challenges/inspirations/frustrations/questions. And the care with which you examine life as you know it and as we all experience it … it’s so generous and always so enlightening.

I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that reading your blog has made my life better. Not just because it makes me smile or think (which it ALWAYS DOES), but because I have literally been inspired to make changes in my life. Some of which have happened already, and some of which I’m still gathering the courage and wherewithal to make happen.

Thank you for a year’s worth of introspection and evaluation. Of love, celebration and building each other up. I have never been more proud of the ways that I’m OTHER. You are a beautiful, beautiful person, and it has nothing to do with what you look like.

WE LOVE YOU. Hugs and kisses forever, and I will SEE YOU SOON.
    me

17. DeeDreamer June 3, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Amazing tribute to an amazing blogger, an amazing fan, and an even more amazing person. Thank you CC, Buff & Bouffant, for your eloquent celebration. You took the words right outta my mouth. 😉 Happy Birthday, MOO!!! We love you, KJ!! <33333 xo ~DD

18. ladybug June 3, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

So a few days ago I sent an erratic sleep drunk e-mail to KJ. Sometimes my brain will not stop and I can’t sleep until I get the things out. So I guess I can copy some of it here:

There’s this line from a portuguese poet called Fernando Pessoa that says: “Rocks in my way, I pick them all up. Someday I’m going to build myself a castle.”

It just popped into my mind today and I couldn’t help but think how sometimes you need a little help carrying those rocks and how that’s exactly what you’re doing. Those people were thrown a big ass rock and with the help of those like you they’re going to get themselves back together and build some castles.”

I guess I should add something there: she’s not only helping those people in Joplin. MOO and KJ’s words have inspired me in so many ways! I sincerely believe I’m a better person for coming here and reading her every week.

Thanks for being such an inpiration! Keep up the good work and know that there are a lot of people out here cheering on you!!

And thank you CC for sending me here!! And Buff for all the amazing visuals! And Bouffant for all the sitting on the sidelines cheering the project on! You girls are one awesome team.

19. Crystal June 3, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

I still remember where I was and what I was doing when KJ first tweeted me on Twitter (the app I will forever owe gratitude to for bringing some of the most incredible women in the world into my life. Kindred spirits. Coming from all over the world) but yeah. She tweeted me and mentioned that CC had told her about me. At the time, having not heard of MOO, I was FLOORED that CC had acknowledged me. KSIBTU was my bible. The fact that CC was discussing me with others? Simply made my life BUT then I checked out MOO and holy gawd if I didn’t combust from the perfection. And suddenly I was beyond grateful to know these TWO amazing ladies. Almost a year later, KJ, it has been an honor to know you and consider you a friend. You have always been there for me and for this I love you. I am so proud to know you and to cheer you on in this incredible path you’ve chosen (or that I believe has really truly chosen you) to help others in their time of need. You are a real hero in both their eyes and mine. Much love xx