MOO Memoirs: BD or Bust Pt 1

13 Nov
A/N: The images displayed in this essay are not mine–Thank Goddess for Tumblr and Pinterest. Click the image for a link to their origin. So very unbeta’d–all mistakes and typos belong to yours truly. Click the button over heee-yah to subscribe to MOO and receive posts in your email————————————>

Guise. GUUUUISEEEE. We’ve been trying to keep this sssimple, right? I know. I know. I’m about a week late, and a few days off usual posting schedule, and all the while there has been epic occurrences nearly every single hour for our Reigning Other Queen Kristen and her brilliant, beautiful Warrior Poet Consort Robert. But it’s beyond the realm of reality now for me to keep up with all the updates in our Royal Rebels’ lives, at least these days it is, as we are in the weekend before the World Premiere of Breaking Dawn.

This post commences an experimental format for Musings, one I’ll use when I’m on the road (as I am now), and/or when the amount of fantastical rebelliousness is off-the-chain-insane and abundant (again, as it is now). You all know I’m a chatty one, and one of my biggest challenges has been to  find a way to Muse On Otherness in a succinct fashion. Um. #BigFATFail

well, when pictures like this surface, how can ANYONE focus?

Well, maybe it’s because it’s obscenely overwhelming to simply pick one or two events to talk about in the sea of greatness during the Breaking Dawn promo tour currently in the works (annnnd do not get me started on the SWATH stills, banners and TRAILER just yet, mmkay?); also, because I have had not one day off since the start of my newest job three weeks ago; and maybe because I’m only able to read drabble fics these days, we’re doing smaller doses of Musings for a bit so as to cover the insurgence of incredible #RoyalRebelGoodness.

Leeeegggggs

For those of you who don’t know what “drabble” means, it’s simple. Fewer words, posted more frequently, it packs a profound punch, and is often addicting. Basically, I get to take a crack at that elusive succinctness (which I’m already failing at, seeing I’m several paragraphs into ramblings, but anyhoo); We get to see The Pretty; we get to do some Musings On The Pretty, and we get to chat and convene more often!! So let’s get into it. We’ve got a loooooot to talk about in this, my first attempt at MooDrabble

Connecting Again

Here’s the ‘Memoir’ part of the MOODrabble.  Do you know where I am right now? Well, right now, I’m actually visiting my mother and doing my laundry in a bit of a mini-break. I am about to grab some breakfast with mom (after I hit ‘PUBLISH’) and then some friends will pick me up and bring me back to The Nokia Theater and #TentCity, where I had been hanging out for the past few days. Literally.

I flew from my place in Northern Cali to L.A. on Wednesday of this week. And as I was listening to the supremely awesome Breaking Dawn Soundtrack on my iPhone (in AirplaneMode), I found myself itching to write. It occurred to me how disconnected I’d been from the physical act of writing. Since I started my new (and third) job about three weeks ago, I have not had a single day off. I was not writing anymore. I missed the physiological response of a calm contemplation that usually trickled over me. I was feeling disconnected from this community and my Musings readers and Other Queen Kristen Stewart even though phenomenally wonderful things were happening for everyone this week. When Kristen joined the promo tour, the Heavens rejoiced. But I couldn’t enjoy it with you all.  Hence, the VOM BAG.

Awww, the birth of The MOO Memoirs. I was reading a handwritten love letter from my dearest @DeeDreamer16 while on the plane down to L.A. And not only was I astounded by the brilliant poetry on the stationary in my hands–not that Dee isn’t a poet, she is a sublime writer–but I gratefully embraced the the tranquility that washed over me as I pulled out my own pen and sought out material surface on which I could write. I’ve always written thoughts down on any available resource–napkins, my hands, my mini-journal, sweatshirts…vomit bags. This particular day, as I grabbed the paper sick basket from the magazine holder in front of me, I felt no “Motion Discomfort”. I felt like I had come home. Lovely connecting thought: The first draft of Musings On Other Queens in May 2010 was borne from scribbles on a Vom Bag. It’s almost synchronicity that the birth of MOO Memoirs as I fly towards the site of the Breaking Dawn premiere also manifested on a paper bag designed to hold purged stomach contents. Because it’s purging time, babies.

A Convention of Beauty

We’re gonna talk about everything that we can. The journey to the Breaking Dawn Premiere including my near-altercation with some Russians when I had to shove my way off the plane to watch the newly released #SWATH Trailer…

I mean, seriously. I. CAN. NOT.

…and the adventures I’ve had since arriving here. But we’ll also talk about the amazing week of promotional gorgeousness we’ve witnessed in the days leading up to this stellar weekend.

Dear Kristen, I know we haven’t formally met, but Holy Hell I am beaming with ridiculous pride for you as if you are of my flesh and blood. This is a BFD.

Love, Me

um, hellllo, beautiful

Summation: This first  MOO Memoir is to give you the 411. Musings in smaller increments, more frequently. Cool? It’ll serve as a little road map for the next week too, I hope.

For instance, the next MooDrabble will include the story of my interaction with Scummit event planners and security…and we will certainly pause to gape at:

and

touching feet forever. #thud

and

Annnnd, to wrap up this first post of the series, I wanted to share with you all the glorious talents of my girl @Jhiggs86, purveyor of beautiful KSIBTU Art…

These are the signs I have with me for the Premiere. They are my cues and signposts to Kristen and Robert that I am in the sea of people at the Nokia Theater giving a Rebel Yell of “OTHER ON!”

mesmerized? I am.

So come and find me at #TentCity or look for me on the Black Carpet at the Premiere…Say hey and let’s talk Other and Royal Rebellion and Unconventional Beauty right there on the sparkling (appropriately so) sidewalks of L.A. Live, mmmkay? See you soon!!!

A/N: I Luff you guys. Thanks for bearing with me through this rough transitional time as I hammer out a posting schedule and maintain my sanity…. MOO Memoirs Part 2 later today! xo, KJ

PLAYLIST for THE MOO MEMOIRS

*Playlist is the same throughout the series unless noted

Acid Tongue ~ Jenny Lewis

We Wont Run ~ Sarah Blasko

Riot Rhythm ~ SleighBells

The Sea ~ Morcheeba

Sail ~ AWOLnation

Young Blood ~ The Naked and Famous

7 Responses to “MOO Memoirs: BD or Bust Pt 1”

1. @Ms_Maroon November 14, 2011 at 1:06 am #

You are just as glorious as always fellow Other. Miss you! Have sofa king much fun for me at Tent City. Tell Kristen and Rob that we admire them for all of us…b/c it’s one thing to love, it’s a whole other thing to look up to and admire.

• KJ November 14, 2011 at 9:20 am #

MAROON! I’ve missed you, darling!! You must have been summoned by my thoughts of you recently. Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. Soaking in your energy..xx

2. Berry (@BerryPayne) November 13, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

WOW! Loved this post! Great thoughts and I appreciate you sharing! Hope you have a fantastic time at the premier…I will be there next year!

3. Joana November 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

I love MOO, I love full fledged Musings, i love Muselets, you can bet money on the fact that i already love MOODrabble.

See, I’m a drabble girl myself…or more like, an I can never shut up girl. Anyways, what I mean is, I love when you share your thoughts with us and then we get to share our thoughts with you in a big circle of Other sharing!! *GROUP HUG*

Feeling a little bit overwhelmed by all the interviews, vids, pics and general overflow of pretty right now. I have to say the high points for me were the Grauman’s Theater thing and SWATH’s trailer. The fangirling has no end on those ones. Our girl is looking SOOOO happy, I just love that she’s reached the point where she can just enjoy this press things she has to do a little bit more and then go back to doing the job she loves.

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE your signs. I’m waving all the way from this side. And tomorrow during the livestream if I happen to see them I will scream and wake the whole country. BFD. #OtherOnIndeed Feeling very proud that you’re there to represent for us others!! We couldn’t ask for a better banner-woman!

xoxoxoxox Have a great time!

4. tebby November 13, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

KJ…I wish I could be there with you my friend. Luff the signs, but where is the MOO sign? The KJ and KStew are Other sign?

Sending love and light that TPTB at #TentCity know what a wonderful supporter you are and walk over and hand you your golden ticket to the chocolate factory…er….I mean the BD premiere and after party!

Here’s also hoping those two other Royal Rebels find you and sign those gazillion magazines you have. Have a great time my friend. With everything you’ve given to this fandom the past year and half, you most certainly deserve it.

tebby

5. deedreamer16 November 13, 2011 at 11:43 am #

I’m super honored to know that my word vom inspired you to pick up the vom bag on the plane and get your own writing juices flowing, my friend! No, seriously – just knowing a little piece of me made it to #TentCity to keep you company makes me infinitely giddy! I’m so proud of you for being there and representing for our girl – what an amazing experience!

Thanks, as always, for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us all so freely. You make it sound so easy. <3333

*smooches* xo ~Dee

6. J. November 13, 2011 at 10:17 am #

HELLO, KJ!!

How are you my darling?! I am so proud of you for following your (fangirl) heart and giving yourself a FRONT ROW seat to the show. THE SHOW. AND THE PRETTY. From what I’ve heard, those who shall not be named (hint: it rhymes with plummet, YSWIDT?), have NOT been the most accommodating… HUGE SHOCK. Props to you and our fellow Rebels for sticking with it and handling yourselves with grace and beauty. Per the usual. 😉 I am very excited to hear what you have to say after seeing our Queen IN THE FLESH and up close. GAHHHH!! ❤

I have to say that I LOVE the idea of a drabble format! I hope it takes a little of the pressure off of you with your busy schedule! Make sure you take some you-time, young lady. *insert stern mom-face here* As you noted, we have an abundance of goodies right now. YESSSS! We are totally spoiled and I love it!! Like many, I cannot even find the words to express my excitement for the amazingly epic masterpiece that will be SWATH. Let me just say, I have never felt more proud of Kristen and I think she feels the same. YOU CAN FEEL HER PASSION. Is it June 2012 yet?!? I'm glad you were able to triumph over the Russian roadblock and hope you were able to view the trailer many, many times. 🙂

Take care of yourself, sweet friend! I am so happy that we have our fabulous Royal Rebels representing in tent city! (LOVE the KSIBTU stuff!!) Have fun and as always, #OtherOn. ❤ I can't wait to read what you have for us next!

xoxoxoxoxo, J.