Muselet: Through What Is

24 Mar
A/N: The images displayed in this essay are not mine–Thank Goddess for Tumblr, Pinterest and Imagebam. Click the image for a link to its origins. Mostly unbeta’d, but preread by the luminous Bouffant. Any mistakes and stumbles belong to MEEEEEE. Musical playlist, per usual, at the bottom. While I try to normalize a posting schedule, click the “Sign Me Up!” button in the side panel to receive MOO updates in your Email…thissss-a-wayyy——>

“In order to get from what was to what will be,

you must go through what is.”

~Anonymous

Hello, you beautiful, beautiful souls you. I must be honest: I didn’t know how to return to you after being away for so long. It’s been nearly two months since I’ve written a new Musings, therefore two months since feeling that connection with you all, which is by far the most rewarding reason for doing this “blog” in the first place. I do not know how to be anything but honest with you, so here’s the truth: I’ve suffered a beat-down–physically, emotionally, personally and professionally–and I not only hit a brick wall in my capacity to create, but I wavered in faith that I’d be able to recover. I’m nursing a broken heart. But nothing…nothing heals me better than Musing aloud with the finest and kindest souls I’ve ever encountered *side-eyes YOU ALL*.

you let me stand under your umbrella. ella. ella.

In the past two months, the number of pristine Moments of Otherness have become uncountable. I won’t even attempt to highlight a singular event that impacted us RoyalRebelWatchers during these weeks. But I can pay homage to a few significant happenings that lovingly coaxed me out of my hiding place. I hope you’ll join me in my brief Musings on the splendor that has graced us since we last chatted. And then together we can look towards the greatness glimmering on the horizon, ok?  Ok, then, off we go. #OtherOn #ThroughWhatIs

Go forth and set the world on fire.

~ St Ignatius Loyola

Since we last spoke, we were in Paris, and better yet, we were whimsically compelled in Paris. Kristen was photographed in a fantastical couture ball gown, and hanging with visionaries Karl Lagerfeld and Mario Testino. So Paris -Part Deux was surreal. And essential on many levels.

Our Reigning Other Queen’s appearances at various Paris Fashion Week events were her first in a professional capacity since becoming the newly-named ambassador for Balenciaga. She attended the Balenciaga showcase in the company of Anna Wintour and Salma Hayek. She met up with her “On the Road Boys” [which we’ll reference another time] at French lounges, and dropped by show rooms of fashion icons. In short, Kristen brought. it. She represented while clutching an incredible Stella McCartney bag and wearing a couple of different leather jackets that reduce me to tears.

brb, weeping over that jacket

Our RebelQueen handled her ambassador’s duties with finesse and grace, and with few, if any, words. Oh and also? Kristen wasn’t alone. No, she was surrounded by love and support provided by her elite team. Her steady assistant John, her incredibly winsome publicist Ruth, her stalwart bodyguard JB and an encouraging and proud partner Robert.

The crowning jewel atop the sparkling Parisian tour was Kristen’s visit to the opening of the Marc Jacobs-Louis Vuitton Exhibition. Wearing a leopard-print Vuitton minidress and gun metal-tipped heels, Ms Stewart landed atop nearly every fashion critic’s Best Dressed list, including British Vogue.

Now, I’m not someone  you’d call a fashionista, not by a long shot. But I do possess an appreciation for lovely material, unexpected lines, and rich patterns that prompt a physical response–an intake of breath. And I can ascertain an inner strength that exudes from a woman who is on a sky-bound journey called Greatness. Her emergence as a composed and congruent woman has been a steady, tantalizing unveiling, but make no mistake: She. Is. Here.

“Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.”

~Jack Kerouac, On The Road

So…as I worked through some painful decisions that impact the livelihood of my self and of my family, and more weeks melted away, I found myself cocooning for self preservation. As we’ve discussed before, there is an almost crucial compulsion to re-establish equilibrium for the recovery process to commence. And sometimes, we don’t know how to implement the healing. For me, I immediately withdraw and become quiet, so I can search for that still, small voice (some call this God, The Universe, Allah, Intuition, or…The Divine) to emerge. To access that inner compass, I write, listen to music, make some of my own music, and immerse in nature. I also look for guidelines as provided by strong models who surround me.

In a moment of startling clarity, and tremendous pride, I drank in the examples as exhibited by our Reigning Other Queen. You guise: the reason why I began writing Musings On Other Queens in the first place, almost two years ago, was to pay homage to an actress of uncommon poise and conviction.

I needn’t look any further for inspiration and gentle encouragement towards a courageous role model. These days, she is ev.er.y.where.

Kristen has been signed on to play Marylou in Francis Ford Coppola’s adaption of Jack Kerouac’s seminal novel On The Road for years. She was approached by filmakers to consider the role before her Twilight days. The film project itself has been in development since the 1960’s and the role call of artists attached to it over the decades is nothing short of legendary. And yet, it is just now, over sixty years after the original scroll was typed, that the story is at last available to and for public consumption.

Now, I know that the book On The Road isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. But it is my cup of tea. I read the book at an extremely fragmented time in my life–my senior year in high school, while I was determining colleges, and grappling with my first bout of depression. This book–along with the book The Perks of Being A Wallflower and my discovery of Joni Mitchell and Tori Amos–served as balm for my wistful, wild yearnings for it. The ‘it’ that Sal Paradise, Dean Moriarty and the ‘beautiful sharp tack’ Marylou also sought.

Kristen Stewart knew, when accepting the role of Marylou for this film, that she was undertaking an enormously important project. This film was not only a life vest for an aimless teenager like myself, but is the visual manifestation of a story that is referred to by cultural commentators and historians as the ‘defining work of a generation’. Ummmm. Ok, so in other words, a Big Fucking Deal.

So, while contemplating my next steps in reconnecting with Musings and you, I watched with saucer-sized eyes as our Ambassador of Otherness herself pushed through any reservations and fears she may have held. Per her usual method, Kristen immersed herself in Marylou’s story (‘Marylou’ is based on a lass called Luanne Henderson), attended Beatnik Bootcamp (dancing, listening to music, reading the literature of the time, watching films and discussions fostered by Kerouac, Ginsberg and Cassady). She divined her own inner mad Marylou to best connect with the motivations of a woman who was raw, wild, magnetic, simultaneously vulnerable and brimming with sexuality.

Ok, you see? She went there. She still waded through the stuff in order to genuinely experience this character. She is in the spotlight   and under extreme scrutiny every single day which I can only imagine generates an ungodly amount of stress and anxiety. She is the new face of an iconic fashion line, and she is spearheading at least two high-profile projects all while trying to maintain her connection to her family and beloveds. She moves through the here-and-now anyway. It is stunning to comprehend the level of strength it takes to do what she does. Every. Day. Are you bowing down to Royalty as I am?

“But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”

~Jack Kerouac, On The Road

Well, my Rebel Royals, this is where we’ll stop for today. I wanted to dip my toe in the water before jumping back in, cannon-ball style, and I thank you for holding the space for me to do so. We have so many more amazing adventures to review together the Hunger Games movie and seeing Marcus Foster live (tomorrow night) notwithstanding… I still want to discuss with you all the implications behind the case study we approached last time, about Empathy Erosion and the desensitization to humanity as discussed in the last Musings——>A Stew Review: Compassionate Beauty

Also, I so very much want to return to our roots, which includes the celebratory highlight of a new Featured Royal Rebel.  I want to talk about and give the mad props deserved to a brilliant, important English bloke. You may know of him already. . .

And we will discuss and rejoice over our Rebel Queen’s continued, brilliant courageousness …Because she is The Fairest Of Them All. She consistently lights the path for Others to tread.

I look to her, and you to help me move towards what will be by honoring and foraging through what is. Because it’s how we roll. #OtherOn

We are Other.

Kristen is Other.

Others choose to go through What Is.

Embrace your Other.

*      *      *

QUESTION: What were your thoughts on Paris Part Deux, and the On The Road trailer? Can you recall a time when you withdrew from a stressful situation only to realize that pushing through the discomfort and fear was the most direct and honest path to recovery?

A/N: Now is when I convey my gratitude to you for the time you’ve  spent in perusing my ramblings, if you indeed made it to the end of this somewhat erratic post. THANK YOU. Though I’ve been on the periphery and quieter than usual, I am here. See you very, very soon. Always, KJ

VIPs in my LIFE and for this post to be possible:

@Kate_Suena @DeeDreamer16 @maybeimrivers @robkris13

BOUFFANT

My Always-Constant CyberSisters and Readers

*Last notes*

1. Take time to check the About KJ page if you would be so inclined. I finally updated a new Sentence Completion Exercise.

2. Visit one of my bestie’s beautiful, beautiful book blog. And come get lost in it with me. Love you, Katie. And Thank You. For everything.

I’M LOST IN A BOOK SOMEWHERE

Today’s Musical Playlist:

Joyful Girl (live) ~ Ani DiFranco

First Breath After coma ~ Explosions in the Sky

Lullaby ~ Sia

Fires ~ Shady Bard

37 Responses to “Muselet: Through What Is”

1. robkris13 April 11, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

(✿◠‿◠) Sweet sister…you’re a VIP in my life too and I’m so glad we sometimes share the road in our life journeys! You know I am here for you and everything’s going to be okay!. Remember, the universe is just waiting to help you achieve all the things you were born to do in this life…stay strong!

Totally ♥ this muselet…Kristen is such an inspiration and she keeps reminding me that anything is possible in my life. You point out Kristen has a great team surrounding her. She amazes me in her ability to be a part of that team and yet still stand out with her “otherness”. We should all be so lucky to have a team that supports us and brings out the very best in us on a regular basis.

I so ♥ the pic of her sitting in the chair wearing a mini with high heels…perfection!!

• KJ April 18, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

My sweet, sweet sister. Anything is possible, and this I know, and have discovered on blissful occasion is not without the utmost support and encouragement of our beloved friends (like you). Thank you for always always always supporting and loving me…even when I am feeling at my utter lowest. You lift me up. <33

2. crystalrichard March 30, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Dearest KJ, I am always the last to comment I think – life needs to stop getting so busy that it becomes impossible to find time to reflect and dive into your beautiful words. Because you are an absolute inspiration. I am so so sorry to hear things have been rocky in your life. Please know I’m sending all of my love, warmth and happy wishes & vibes your way because someone as incredibly amazing as you deserves all the happiness, success, and love in the world.

I missed your beautiful Kristen posts and oh my god OTR – where to even begin. I think you will appreciate this story so I’ll share it here – last month, a certain boy came into my life (and by boy I mean man but boy just sounds cute and he’s totally cute) and we spent one awesome weekend together before he moved to British Columbia. Since he’s been out west, life as we know it as carried on, we both prevail and go on with out lives. But not without talking all day every day. texting, late night phone calls. we’re not together in the technical sense but our thoughts are always with each other. He watched the OTR trailer and didn’t get it. He didn’t see the appeal. And I said “you need to read the book” and he was all “I want to read the book – I want to see this the way you do”. So on Monday, I sent the birthday boy who celebrates his birthday alone on the other side of the world it seems next week, a copy of On the Road with the inscription “May this inspire amazing adventures while you are on the road – xo” He has yet to get it – but I cannot wait because I LOVE sharing in the love that is that book, the movie, Kristen, “the mad ones”…..

Until next time – hang in there beautiful and you’re always in my thoughts. xo Keep following your bliss! ❤

• KJ April 18, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

you, my beautiful, blissful girl, always leave me marveling at my fortuitous existence. Everything IS ridiculously busy but I love so much how you make the time to respond, despite the chaos and busy-ness that is YOUR life. Thank you for your kind words of welcome and encouragement. And I LOVE your story about sharing On The Road with fellow “Mad Ones”. What did Birthday Boy think? Has he read it yet? He sounds absolutely lovely and I’m so happy you have someone in your life that cherishes you for the incredible beauty that you are. YOU deserve that wholly. Hang in there as well. #OtherOn and continue following YOUR bliss (though I know you do). You inspire so. <33

3. pharmgirl15 March 30, 2012 at 4:04 am #

SO GLAD to see a new musings here!! Sorry the RL has not been kind to you of late…but hopefully this little community will help your healing and growing in some way 🙂 I know when things get rough for me I generally “cocoon up” too….and for awhile that usually helps as I get my bearings. Hope things get a bit brighter for you each day and let us all know if you need anything- even if its just songs, quotes, jokes etc!
    As for KStew…. 1) the LV dress in Paris killed me. seriously. I. WOULD.WEAR.THAT.DRESS. I want to wear that dress…. I have begun hunting for the knock off of that dress….(lol) 2) It was fun to see K.S. and R.P. in Paris enjoying themselves. 3) OTR- I cannot wait for this movie. I am interested in it more from the film side than the book side (I know you love this story and it transformed your life…but I am still struggling to finish the book!). I find it fascinating that Coppola has held the rights for 50 years and never felt it was right until now to make this movie. I can’t imagine the PRESSURE that puts on the actors in this movie! (Like KStew doesn’t put enough pressure on herself with every project?!) Your discussion of facing fear was relevant- and something I have pondered often with the production of this movie. The trailer was frantic and beautiful-I have a feeling this film is going to be spectacular!
    Hope to see you musing again soon!!!

• KJ April 18, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

HIIII! I love your comments, they are so soothing and wise. I especially love your description of the OTR trailer “Frantic and beautiful”. Thank you for your kind words of welcome back, it has been quite the trial by fire lately, and it is the kindness (and eloquent brilliance) of you readers that keeps me rooted…and returning. It IS Fascinating that coppola held onto the rights for this movie for as long as he did. It is RIGHT. The time is now. And no worries–I know the book is a tedious read at times. I myself had picked it up and set it down maybe a dozen times before getting through it the first time. All in time. The movie, though, I think will be spellbinding. Take care of yourself and thanks again for your lovely thoughts. xo, KJ

4. Kate (@kate_suena) March 26, 2012 at 12:01 am #

AND OMG I AM AN IDIOT!!!!! Thank you ENDLESSLY for sharing my blog here!! You are way too kind to me, and I don’t know if I’ll ever have enough words to thank you for all that you’ve done for me. ❤

5. Kate (@kate_suena) March 25, 2012 at 11:59 pm #

I love you, I love you, I love you. For so many reasons.

1) For writing this post. My jaw twitch is firmly under control and I know you’re aware of how much that delights me. I have the utmost respect for you, ma belle. You inspire me and I take courage from YOUR courage. It’s not always a walk in the park, but I for one am so grateful we have each other to get through it all.

2) For always highlighting how beautiful Kristen is, and at the same time acknowledging that there are many other things to recognise and love. It’s refreshing to have a safe place for this, especially when this week I have seen a lot of Twi vs. THG, Kristen vs. Jennifer going on. Not everything is a competition, and I think we’re lucky to have more than one series and fabulous young woman to relish in.

3) For othering on, even when things are difficult. ‘Nuff said.

4) For the way you have with words. You are hands down the most eloquent, thoughtful person I know. Never stop, however you share them.

Can’t wait to see your face again.

xx

• KJ March 27, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

my blessed, beautiful Katie:
      I am a tad slow in replying, but my reaction time only reflects the utmost awe and adoration I hold for you and your too-generous words. i love you i love you i love you as well. My reasons are numerous as well, but quite honestly, I don’t have to express these reasons aloud, as a) we often are brain twins, so vocal exchange is rendered unnecessary and b) [case in point] you’ve already referenced them.

~Your jaw twitch and pause during our Skype date a few weeks back communicated more to me than anything you could have verbalized. Things are rocky. We get through them. That is fact. Thanks for holding the space for me as I recognized this for myself.

~You unwittingly illuminated a topic of discussion that has been a source of contention with me this week–especially in the light of The Hunger Games release. Why, why, why would we expend any energy on tearing down Others? Wishing success and abundance for one beautiful Royal Rebel (Jennifer Lawrence) does not detract nor negate the success and admiration for another Royal (Reigning Queen Kristen Stewart). How blessed are we that we have several resources and models for Beauty and strength?!

~ Your kind compliment on what you refer to as my eloquence and thoughtfulness just blows my mind, as I think YOU are so articulate and contemplative, among the creme de la creme. Congratulations, by the way, on the release of your blog and the accolades received. Well deserved. It is my pleasure to share your gift with the world.

Can’t wait to see your face again too. I will happily bring you to bed with me. Again. xx

6. L(alotmoreofmagic) March 25, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

Welcome back KJ !

Every day my twitter TL is filled with pretty pictures, videos, tumblr posts, especially during promo time and I find it overwhelming. So I find myself intentionally picking and choosing what to read.

Someone recently asked on the K IMDB board, ‘why do you spend so much time on someone you don’t know’. I was stumped, but my answer was I came for Kristen, but stayed for the people I met. I would never have ‘met’ someone like you were it not for Kristen.

One of the my favorite quotes is by Maya Angelou. It goes “People will forget what you said, People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel”

When I read your posts, I don’t often remember the words later, but I do remember why I read them and how I felt when I did. It is the perspective you bring to something quite frivolous and how you manage to infuse larger, profound topics into the narrative. Do you remember your Joplin posts? You wrote a moving narrative filled with personal anecdotes and fit Kristen in that. I cried then. In the hands of a less skilled writer that could have come off very wrong.

I am sorry you are going through a hard time. Sometimes things we face may change who we are, but I believe the person that is at the core never changes. Your spirit and the way you see the world is beautiful and comes across in every word splashed across these pages and I don’t think that will ever change.
    Before I finish this mini essay of mine, I want to leave you with a song with a quote
    The song is “Show must go on” , the Freddy Mercury version. According to legend, he sang it knowing he was weeks away from death.
    The quote is from one of those Joplin posts of yours.
    “People are like stained – glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross.
    This describes you to perfection in my opinion. Hugs.

• KJ March 27, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

L:
      Firstly I must beg your forgiveness for the tardiness of my reply. Quite simply: your kind words overwhelmed me and left me speechless, but still absolutely filled with utter joy and awe. You are so eloquent and thoughtful in your comments and in any interactions we have elsewhere, I have only admiration for you. Thank you for soothing words that come at an impeccable time, and thank you for confirming for me what I knew the second I received my first comment on my very first Musings: YOU. ARE. WHY. I. STAY. I, too, become overwhelmed (especially at promo time), which is another factor for my hiatus. Also, like you, I paused before answering that IMDb question: Why do you spend so much time…? I stay for the people I have met. It has been an honor to encounter such fiercely talented and brave people such as you. Also, I am so grateful for the “Show Must Go On” and Kubler-Ross gifts you bestowed. More than I could ever express. Hugs back.

7. Kristen'sLegs (@KristensLegs) March 25, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

One of the things that still amazes me about this fandom is all the amazing, creative, talented and thoughtful people out there. Who share their thoughts, time, energy, creativity, amazingness, empathy, strength and courage with others.

Whilst we all swoon, oh me gee, unnff and flail over the good times. We also share something more, something beyond those intense bursts of activity which initially brought us all together.

We find strength, when we need it, amongst one another. We share the highs and the lows of our lives. We contribute to something so much more, than I ever imagined to find.

And as tough as it may be, when I find myself in troubled places, when I feel like I cannot do this alone, I try to be strong and to take those first through courageous steps, to seek out the light that seems to be alluding me.

I hope that you find what you are looking for. I hope that you find the strength that you seek. And I hope that you know that there are so many of us who will help you in any little way that we can.

I do know this, your writing makes me swoon, makes me think, makes me contemplate my place in life. It makes me want to strive to be a better person.

#OtherOn
    <3333

• KJ March 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Hello there, my dear. What an extraordinarily kind and eloquent comment you’ve left. Thank you, truly, I am humbled and even a little teary. The rewards of being apart of this fandom are countless, but one of the most profound discoveries is the support and encouragement given so freely and generously by its inhabitants. Thing is: trouble and stress will always present itself..it’s the courage to wade through it that can be elusive. Looking to our friends, role models (Queenly ones especially) and family is always a promising place to begin. I hope you continue to move forward with all the love and support found here and elsewhere…know that you’ve been extremely significant for me. #OtherOn xx

8. Joana (@dizzy_ladybug) March 25, 2012 at 10:42 am #

My beautiful, beautiful friend, I did not know how much I missed your marvelous words until I read them just now. Your words hit me in all the right places and soothe my soul.

Paris was magnifique! I think I was one of the few that actually LOVED the LV party dress as soon as saw it. Loved the bold print, the green on her white skin and the big, loose hair! Also, her date? NOT too shabby…

Oh the OTR trailer! SO many words, so MANY thoughts…I was just left wanting more! I plan on re-reading the book which I have absolutely adored ever since I first read it last year (better late, than never right?) and also, One and Only, The Untold Story of Luanne Henderson. I just NEED to know more. I need to make my own mini-beatnik-bootcamp and marvel at that great generation of others!

And YES, I’ve had one of those times. When panic and anxiety first got to me I locked myself in my house. For one month. I almost didn’t talk, or listened to music and worst than everything, I couldn’t even force myself to read. Eventually I got out of that awful prison I held myself in and realized that I needed to face the facts instead of trying to fight them. So I did. And I’ve been trying to do that ever since.

Some days are better than others. But we’re pushing forward, ’cause that’s what we do.

Take your time, heal and rest, but never forget that we are right here pushing you on!

*big tight hugs*

• KJ March 25, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

I echo your sentiments excactly, Jo. I knew I missed connecting with you all, but I didn’t realize how dire the circumstances were until you started responding back! You soothe my soul too. I LOVED the LV-MJ exhibition dress as well. I loved her look. I loved her + One. I also love that you are going to attend your own BeatnikBootcamp, if you’re taking other recruits, I’d like to volunteer?! Thank you for your kind, welcoming words. Pushing through, facing facts is the most efficient (though scary) way to heal. Glad we can support each other in the process. *big tight hugs back* xx

9. newtogame March 25, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Sending all thanks and love and encouragement… ♥

• KJ March 25, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Receiving all the love and encouragement with a great big smile. Thank you!! xx

10. hopesecho (@hopesecho) March 25, 2012 at 9:12 am #

Wanted you to know you were missed and you words of wisdom and honesty are needed.
    I think pushing through the hard times in life, when all you want to do is curl up in a ball & cry…. once I just start doing things, sometimes things just to keep me busy, things get easier. Also for me it is the hard times that make me stronger in the end and help me to find and know myself better.
    One of the reasons I love Kristen is she seems so strong & does not conform to what the world thinks she should do or be.
    Your a true talent and put things into words with such elegance. Again know your these words were missed! You are in my prayers.

• KJ March 25, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Hi, H!! Your words of encouragement and wisdom are so helpful to ME, my friend. It’s why I stick around, quite honestly–the interaction with such kind, brave people in this community. Thanks for your honest and personal response–I’ve also found the adage true: “that which doesn’t kill me…” In the end, I’ve always found it rewarding, once the conflict is addressed head-on..Take care and thank you again. xx

11. Belinda aka girlyinthenorth March 25, 2012 at 9:08 am #

Love this post-Like all others. You are such a SWEET xoxo
    Belinda

• KJ March 25, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Hey, B! Thank you so much for hanging with me all this time, and leaving such kind words of encouragement along the way! YOU are Sweet. xx

12. ethel (@emacvill) March 25, 2012 at 5:26 am #

I love you for this! <333

• KJ March 25, 2012 at 8:54 am #

Aww! You are so sweet! Thank you for taking the time to read the ramblings and leave some nice, welcoming words! <33

13. Shpwhitney March 24, 2012 at 11:06 pm #

A very sincere yet exalted welcome back to you 🙂

It always amazes me that whenever I come to read these lovely musings, more than anything I’m led to do some introspection on myself and my place in this universe. That’s true for me again, because I too find myself muddling through a lot of stressful and exhausting life situations. I think, until now, I’ve just been trying to get through it with my head down, but that doesn’t seem to be benefiting me in anyway. Maybe I need to arch those shoulders and face all these unknowns head on. At least that way, no matter what the outcome, I’ll know that I put forth some effort and didn’t just let things happen to me.

So thank you, for creating this space to celebrate all others, but especially our beacon of light, Ms. K. And thank you for reminding me what it means to embrace my otherness, and to live through the now to get to the future.

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

*bowing down to you* thank you SO much for your warm welcome but also for cementing my opinion that Musings’ readers [and Kristen’s fans] are simply brilliant and brave. The willingness you show to be introspective is beyond inspiring. Yes, I’m finding that to get to the other side of conflict, I must acknowledge what IS. Ms Stewart is a graceful example of this. YOU are as well. Keep going. Keep going. xx

14. Goldeneye March 24, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

Ahhhh…life IS the ups and downs and it’s all about the ride (journey) and how we do it with Grace and Intelligence and Humour and Acceptance. Really like your choice of music (always listen to EITS). Most of all I missed you today but I think it would not have been the sanctuary you needed. Soon tho, soon…when the sun is shining and we can be pool goddesses replete with pool boys and libations. 🙂
    Try some God is an Astronaut and Imogen Heap…

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

YOU were and are my Goddess-send, my Goldeneye. I took our missed connection today as The Universe confirming that I was to stay in one place and just be. Thank you for offering your space to me, my dear one. Glad you’re enjoying the playlist–I’ve been listening to it all week to gather courage to write. SOON, my friend. SOON. Pool boys and libations? I. AM. IN. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep in touch as you’re flitting across time zones and dispensing your wisdom. I adore you and miss you so. Love and Light. xx

15. Mel452 March 24, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

Welcome back darl!

If nothing else, our Rebel Queen and that ‘important’ English bloke…always helps in making things better and putting a smile on anyone’s face. So glad as usual, they can help you. They are forever inspirational in their everyday lives and in the roles they chose to play in their movies. <33

*hugs*

Mel xx

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

*hugs my Darl back* Thank you very much my dearest girl. Our Rebel Queen and her Important English Bloke are incredible models to follow, aren’t they? They make such intelligent decisions when it comes to their careers and in matters of the heart and it’s inspiring to witness. That is why they are Featured Royal Rebels. This is an especially exciting time, non? Thank you for your kind words. Miss you and love you muchly. xoxo

16. KcKarasti March 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

KJ!!!! Welcome back girl! When I saw that you posted this I Kay have squealed a bit haha. Great post (as always) and I’m so glad you’re back and on your way to feeling better. *HUGS* (note: caps=big hug ha) 🙂

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

HIYA, KC!!! Thank you for your exuberant welcome, my girl! You make me blush with your kind words and ALLCAPS-HUGS, and you remind me why I stick around. Humbled and gratefully yours. xx

17. beammeup_00 March 24, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

I’ve missed you, lady. Your take on K’s successes is always evocative and insightful. I’m so sorry for any distress you have been suffering and wish you joy and peace. Our girl is a glorious example of how to push through negativity and keep your head held high. I find the Anonymous quote you opened with to be a truism of life. “What is” is always there to be dealt with, isn’t it? Yet, “what will be” is so worth the effort. Love you.

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

And I’ve missed YOU! Thank you for the warm welcome and kind, kind words. Our ROQ KRISTEN is a shining example of how to push THROUGH, and her grace has literally been a beacon for me as of late. ‘What Is’ is now. ‘What is’ in this moment. Acknowledging and working through it is absolutely worth the effort. Love you too. And thank you. xx

18. India Mom March 24, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Ahh so great to have you writing again KJ. Wonderful as always. Sending you strength and love to help you through this bump in the road.

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

Thank you so much for your warm welcome and kind words, IM. I’ve missed Musing and YOU so much lately. Needed to push through to get to the other side, I guess. Hoping you’re well, and thank you for check-ins these past weeks. You give strength like you wouldn’t know. xx

19. nail March 24, 2012 at 6:38 pm #

Kai…….it’s the return of the muselet………..you know how i feel about the *let*………and this one did it justice.

• KJ March 24, 2012 at 6:40 pm #

my sweet girl, Nai. I DO know how you feel about the ‘lets’. I think of you every time I post one. Thank you for your kind words. See you in the hood. xx